The Governor’s Commission on Quality Teaching shall examine, recommend, and work to implement laws, policies, and practices affecting teachers and teaching effectiveness to ensure student success in Alabama. The commission shall promote the aggressive recruitment, preparation, support, retention, and growth of qualified, skilled teachers in order to raise student achievement in Alabama.
- Professional Development Session: “Purpose and Uses of the Alabama Quality Teaching Standards and the Continuum for Teacher Development” (Powerpoint and handouts, .zip file)
- “Innovations in Teaching: Creating Professional Pathways for Alabama Teachers,” December 2008 (PDF)
- Alabama Continuum for Teacher Development (.pdf)
- Alabama Quality Teaching Standards (.pdf)
- Initial Report, November 2006 (.pdf)
- Commission Overview, January 2006 (.pdf)