Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all A+ fundraising. The Director reports to the A+ President, is a member of the leadership team, and works closely with the Board of Directors to develop and execute development activities across a broad range of sources. The Director spends time with staff and experiences A+ programming in order to fully understand and promote the mission.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in professional fundraising
- Excellent writer and ability to craft a compelling story
- Strong strategic thinker with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Effective networking abilities Knowledge of donor tracking software
- Demonstrated success with motivation of staff and board members
- Develop and execute a multi-year fundraising strategy with annual goals
- Develop deep understanding of the A+ mission and overall communications strategy
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Oversee the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
- Develop and maintain relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large, sustained base of individual donors
- Manage multiple communications with all donors per year
- Oversee grant research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Work closely with Communications Director and President to ensure messaging is consistent and appropriate for specific audiences
- Manage the fundraising database, overseeing data entry and gift processing
Salary/Benefits: Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications
To Apply: Email letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with special attention to Mark Dixon, President.
Click here to view full job description.