Advocacy and Partnerships Director
Please review the full job description here.
The Advocacy and Partnerships Director will play an important role in A+ Education Partnership’s advocacy goals and coalition-building efforts to advance educational equity in the state. This role will be critical to advancing advocacy efforts related to one of A+’s policy priorities, school funding reform. We’re looking for someone interested in community organizing and leading issue campaigns, working with a diverse range of partners, and executing strategic outreach, with a passion for galvanizing education advocates.
What You'll Do:
This position has many important responsibilities, including:
- Build the infrastructure to launch a statewide coalition, including communications with
partners and dissemination of advocacy materials
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with key external partners in Alabama
- Host regular meetings and convenings with coalition partners, including advocacy training
related to policy priorities
- Facilitate training and related programming to build policy knowledge and advocacy capacity
of partners and key stakeholders
- Host and attend work-related meetings and events during evening hours and occasionally on
weekends to reach key constituencies (e.g., parents, community members, policy and
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Policy and A+ Education Partnership team to
advance our strategic goals and advocacy agenda
- Manage, coordinate, and track advocacy campaigns, activities, and engagement in close
collaboration with our advocacy team
$60,000 - $75,000 annual salary, depending on experience and qualifications
How to apply:
To apply, please submit an application here.