The Powerful Conversations Network (PCN) connects teachers to each other to hone their knowledge and skills and improve teaching and learning. For 2023-2024, the Powerful Conversations Network and Key Leaders Network will use the same guiding text, The New Classroom Instruction that Works, strengthening the connection between both networks and providing more support for school-wide culture change. We will partner with Bryan Goodwin and McREL as we extend our work on High Reliability Schools to focus on Effective Instruction in Every Classroom (Level 2).
Meetings will offer:
- In-person and virtual learning
- Intentional networking of teachers from across the state
- Three full-day, in-person meetings with colleagues from across your region
- Responsiveness and flexibility to meet district and school needs throughout the year
- ALSDE Clock Hours awarded upon completion
- ACLD approved PLUs awarded to those who meet the meeting requirements
We offer our networks a blended learning structure predominantly comprised of 3 full-day in-person sessions and supplemented with virtual learning opportunities. The learning will culminate in a one-day summer institute with keynote speakers and a learning implementation showcase.
We recommend school-based teams of 3-6 with at least one administrator. Districts frequently send teams from multiple schools to ensure broader implementation of the learning.
The early bird pricing for participating in PCN is $500/person until August 1st, 2023. At that time the cost will increase to $550/person
***The Powerful Conversations Network is on the SDE approved list for use of ESSER funds***