The Key Leaders Network (KLN) connects district and school leaders statewide to challenge each other to raise expectations and foster effective practices for leadership, teaching, and learning in their schools. For the 2022-2023 school year, KLN will continue to focus on giving leaders the strategies for fostering district and school cultures where their educators will feel empowered to confidently address current challenges in their school/district. We will explore concepts of coherence by using Leading a High Reliability School, by Marzano et al. as the guiding text.
Meetings will offer:
- In-person and virtual learning
- Intentional networking of teachers from across the state
- Three full-day, in-person meetings with colleagues from across your region
- Responsiveness and flexibility to meet district and school needs throughout the year
- ALSDE Clock Hours awarded upon completion
- ACLD approved PLUs awarded to those who meet the meeting requirements
We offer our networks a blended learning structure predominantly comprised of 3 full-day in-person sessions and supplemented with virtual learning opportunities. For the 2022-2023 school year, we will also be introducing a virtual networking tool called Circle. This will allow our members to connect with colleagues across the state that are also involved in our networks. It will also allow us to provide timely updates, share impactful resources, and pose thoughtful discussion questions.
We recommend teams of six comprised of a mix of district and school leaders. Districts often send multiple teams to allow for greater application of the learning across the entire district.
The cost for participating in KLN is $500/person
***The Key Leaders Network is on the SDE approved list for use of ESSER funds***