The Key Leaders Network (KLN) connects district and school leaders statewide to challenge each other to raise expectations and foster effective practices for leadership, teaching, and learning in their schools. For 2023-2024, the Powerful Conversations Network and Key Leaders Network will use the same guiding text, The New Classroom Instruction that Works, strengthening the connection between both networks and providing more support for school-wide culture change. We will partner with Bryan Goodwin and McREL as we extend our work on High Reliability Schools to focus on Effective Instruction in Every Classroom (Level 2).
Meetings will offer:
- In-person and virtual learning
- Intentional networking of teachers from across the state
- Three full-day, in-person meetings with colleagues from across your region
- Responsiveness and flexibility to meet district and school needs throughout the year
- ALSDE Clock Hours awarded upon completion
- ACLD approved PLUs awarded to those who meet the meeting requirements
We offer our networks a blended learning structure predominantly comprised of 3 full-day in-person sessions and supplemented with virtual learning opportunities. The learning will culminate in a one-day summer institute with keynote speakers and a learning implementation showcase.
We recommend teams of six comprised of a mix of district and school leaders. Districts often send multiple teams to allow for greater application of the learning across the entire district.
The early bird pricing for participating in KLN is $500/person until August 1st, 2023. At that time the cost will increase to $550/person
***The Key Leaders Network is on the SDE approved list for use of ESSER funds***