Quality Questioning Institute – South Alabama
July 18 @ 9:00 am - July 19 @ 3:00 pmFree
Two days, in South Alabama on July 18-19, 2018. Facilitated by Jackie Walsh with assistance from Cathy and Pat.
Learning targets include:
1. Understand the interaction of the components of the 6Ps Framework and their relationship to increased engagement and deeper learning.
2. Identify the shifts in mindsets, roles, and responsibilities associated with quality questioning, and decide how best to express and communicate these to my students.
3. Analyze the dimensions of a quality question, and identify those for which I need to be more intentional as I prepare questions for my students.
4. Evaluate alternative response formats, and select those most likely to promote equitable participation among my students.
5. Design a blueprint for use in transferring quality questioning practices to my classroom and our school.
6. Know how to use Quality Questioning, 2nd Edition, as a resource to support individual and collaborative learning.
Cost: $120 per person (does not include lodging or meals outside of the Institute).